From the top:
- Be long! Imagine you have a helium balloon pulling you up from the top of your head. Eyes on the horizon, lengthen your neck.
Pretend you are a giraffe.
- Relax your shoulders and arms, opening your chest.
You are a proud giraffe.
- Lean forward slightly from your chest and upper body.
You are a proud giraffe doing an impression of the leaning tower of Piza.
- Tuck your tail bone in, imagine your hip bones like headlights facing forward leading the way.
You are a proud giraffe, doing an impression of the leaning tower of Piza with headlights shining in front.
- Lift your knees, recycle your feet quickly.
You are a proud giraffe, doing an impression of the leaning tower of Piza with headlights shining in front, running on hot coals.
And there you have it, it’s easy really. Remember to smile, because after all you run because you enjoy it.
If you have any questions give one of our physios at Bend + Mend a call. We are experts at dealing with proud giraffe’s who’ve gotten a bit off track.
Book in for one of our video analysis running assessments and we will help you run better, faster, longer! (and without pain).